BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
raziel999
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I am having an issue with the categorisation of variables in categories and measures in VA.

I uploaded a table with a bunch of numeric fields I need to use as measures. When looking into the table in the report editor, a few of those variables are correctly listed as measures, and a few others are categorised as categories. I tried to convert those back into metrics using the parse function, but this is not working due to those variables already being numeric. I also tried to convert them to text and then parse (e.g. parse(format('variable1'n,'$.'),'F12.) but to no avail. In this latter case a measure is created but when added to charts/tables it gives no results.

Is there any other way to change those categories into metrics? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Unless they are characters, you could just right-click them one at a time and select measure(Mått) instead of category(Kategori):

image.png

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation