BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AK100
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

I have a lot of projects running on SAS VA, however our software will be updated soon to 7.5. Do I have to worry that my projects and everything linked to them will NOT work correctly as it used to be after the update? 

Someone experience in this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi AK100,

I asked around and there shouldn't be any major issue with promoting your content to 7.5.

For some reports, the report will converted each time it is opened in the 7.5 report viewer, which can cause a small delay. The issue is resolved by opening the report in the 7.5 report editor and saving it. I seem to understand that this happens primarily for reports that contain report links.

Let us know how the upgrade goes!

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Hi!
What do you meen with projects?
Are they reports or code running or something else :)?
//Fredrik
AK100
Pyrite | Level 9
They are reports who are linked with SAS Enterprise codes (linked by using LASR tables).
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Sorry but I am still not really sure what you mean. Do you run stored processes that are linked to each other or just reports using data created with EG?
If the later you most likely wont have any problems, just minor changes to the reports regarding siza and position of objects.
//Fredrik
AK100
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, I was talking about the later. So I wont have any problems. Thank you 🙂
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi AK100,

I asked around and there shouldn't be any major issue with promoting your content to 7.5.

For some reports, the report will converted each time it is opened in the 7.5 report viewer, which can cause a small delay. The issue is resolved by opening the report in the 7.5 report editor and saving it. I seem to understand that this happens primarily for reports that contain report links.

Let us know how the upgrade goes!

Thanks,

Sam

AK100
Pyrite | Level 9
@Sam_SAS, Thank you I'll let you know how it went. The update is planned for next week.
AK100
Pyrite | Level 9

@Sam_SAS  Hello Sam,

Like I mentioned before I would let you know how the update went. The update went okay, it took some time to open it but that was not the point. When I click 'Edit report' in the viewer I get and Error loading the report. So It seems that I can only check my dashboards on the viewer, I cant edit them. You know anything about it?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I am very sorry to hear that you are getting an error! This was not expected. What does the error say? 

You probably should contact SAS Technical Support to get the quickest solution to your issue.

Sam

AK100
Pyrite | Level 9
@Sam_SAS It just says Error loading the report and then the name of the report. I have contacted the SAS Technical support, so I hope to get an answer soon.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
@AK100 have you had any luck with Technical Support? I am very interested to know what caused the problem and how it can be resolved.

Thanks,
Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation