BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Chrystopher
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I'm a rookie on this subject, I'm trying to connect my SAS Visual Analytics to a Oracle DB through ODBC but i don't have SAS/ACCESS, so, when  i'm trying to import a table, SAS show me this message:

/* *********************************************** */
/* Assign the libref for the data in a ODBC table */
/*
2 ! *********************************************** */

LIBNAME db_odbc ODBC PRESERVE_COL_NAMES=YES PRESERVE_TAB_NAMES=YES
2 ! DATAsrc="DWH" USER=user PASSWORD="{sas002}878D5B5C3B2BCCFC89DC745E59E548C" ;

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5: Access is denied.
(Oracle en OraClient12Home1, C:\ORACLE\product\12.1.0\client_2\SQORA32.DLL).
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
3 options VALIDVARNAME=ANY VALIDMEMNAME=EXTEND;

My questions are:

I need SAS/CONNECT to import a table from Oracle?

Or there is another way to import a table from Oracle?

BTW. I configure successfully the odbc in the ODBC Data Source Administration (Windows).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You need SAS/ACCESS to ODBC not SAS/CONNECT. Your LIBNAME wont work unless this product is both installed and licensed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You need SAS/ACCESS to ODBC not SAS/CONNECT. Your LIBNAME wont work unless this product is both installed and licensed.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
SAS/CONNECT is used for connecting to another SAS server. For Oracle, as @SASKiwi says, you need SAS/ACCESS For either ODBC or Oracle (with a SQL*NET client).
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation