BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChristyN
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!  I created a custom character in SAS VA (8.3.1) based on another character variable. I applied it to a bunch of graphs and then realized I grouped one of the values in the wrong group. When I try to edit it, it lets me go to the edit screen and move the value to the correct group but then when I press 'OK' it doesn't do anything (the 'OK' box is blue suggesting it should work but nothing happens). I really don't want to create another variable and then reassign all my graphics!

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I tested this functionality in 8.3.1 and it works for me. How are you moving the item to a different group? Are you right-clicking and selecting Move selected to group > [group]. 

Madelyn_SAS_0-1614617807449.png

ChristyN
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes I did it that way and then also tried sending it back to the left and then adding to the correct group. WIERD!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation