BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dee2
Obsidian | Level 7

I have 2 datasets in a VA report. Both should be controlled by a date slider and drop-down list. The slider is using the first dataset ReportMonth column and the drop-down list is using a column in the first dataset. How can the second dataset relate to the both columns? what I meant is if I select a different range of report months and a different value from the drop-down list, all objects using either dataset would change. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you create a data mapping between the data sources, the controls should filter both of them.

Read about how to map data here:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_003/vareportdata/n0hk5nlzlwj7don19ziq4946pwdn.htm#n18w1...

Let us know if that helps!

Sam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you create a data mapping between the data sources, the controls should filter both of them.

Read about how to map data here:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_003/vareportdata/n0hk5nlzlwj7don19ziq4946pwdn.htm#n18w1...

Let us know if that helps!

Sam

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
An alternative to what Sam recommends is the usage of a dummy data set.
This could be as simple as number 1 to 25, one variable therefore.
To this dummy table loaded to VA you apply customized categories.
Imagine you'd like to filter both tables by continent.
So define 5 customized categories Europe, Asia...
Attach a parameter to the drop down list where you use the customized category.
Once selected the parameter holds this value and can be used to filter the target tables. Use advanced filters like equal or within and compare against the parameter.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation