BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

I want to know the secuity aspect of SAS VA.

In case of device theft, I blacklist the device from manage environment ''manage devices'' but I want to know what happens to the data in it. Whether the data will be flushed automatically or it will be still there in the mobile DB?

greetings

4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi There,

I have demonstrated blacklisting an iPad a number of times when I teach SAS VA courses for SAS Education Australia. Upon blacklisting a device within SAS Visual Analytics Administrator (manage environment) the next time the device attempts to connect a dialog appears on the iPad stating that a connection cannot be made. When the dialog is closed all existing downloaded reports and the connection details are removed from the device.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

Michelle, thanks for your quick reply. I am looking out to know the data associated with the reports that gets saved in Mobile Database, Will that be deleted too?

coz internally the database will store the data in a schema structure that has been passed on to...it will not be hard task to retrieve the data...a hacker or a tech geek can do it. It's the concern of one of the customer that I discussed with.

I am aware of connection deletion and report deletion that I've done earlier but I am bit concerned about residual data that gets saved in mobile database. It becomes  important when it is a sensitive business data. your view/ suggestions pls.

muralinori_sas
SAS Employee

Hi

The data will be deleted from the device.

Regards

Murali Nori

sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

thanks..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation