BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sridhar_m
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear All,

I am creating Bar Chart with single category, but it's look very odd in the size when it's display.

I mean if you have more than one variable it will display in good look. Where as if it's a single variable it's looks odd.

Attaching screenshot for your reference and please let me know your valuable suggestion. 

I am using SAS Viya - V3.5

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

SRi

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Sri,

Do you want the bar in the first chart to have the same width as the bars in the second chart? The width of bars is automatically set and I don't think you can override this to set a specific width.

Or did you have something else in mind?

If the first chart will always have a single value for the Category variable, you might try changing the Grouping Style option, or changing the Group variable in that chart to be the Category variable. Either of these will draw a separate bar for each value (CT1, CT2, etc) in the first chart instead of a "stacked" bar chart.

Sam

sridhar_m
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear Sam,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Yes, actually I am looking for the first chart to have the same width(thinkness) as the bars in the second chart.

Regards,
Sri
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I don't think it is possible to specify the absolute width of bars in VA.

You could do this as a third-party (D3, for example) visualization using the Data-Driven Content object, but that would be a significant amount of work to configure.

Sam
sridhar_m
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear Sam,

Thank you sam for providing valuable information. Definitely I will look into it.

Regards,
Sri

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation