BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I've created a VA report with a line chart, which is looking quite nice. However, the range of the Y values is into the millions and the value labels are displayed as single digits with "(Millions)" appended to the overall axis label. I can't find a way to alter or turn this off. I'm already using the comma format for the Y values, so the values should be easy enough to read without a multiplier.

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8

perhaps, create a new column for your continuous variable that is divided by 1,000,000.  Name it something like X_Million. then plot that new value.  i feel that would remove the '000,000' from the axis.

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @utrocketeng 

Thanks, but what I want to do is the reverse. VA is currently applying the million multiplier so that the value labels appear as 1, 2, 3, etc. and the axis label has "(millions)" appended to it. I want the value labels to appear as 1,000,000, 2,000,000, 3,000,000, etc. without the addition to the axis label.

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

you can manually set maximum and minimum values for y axis using properties menu (7.4). it can achieve what you want.y axis.PNG

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @ASHISH2525 

Setting the maximum and minimum only does that. It doesn't set how the value labels appear:

axis.PNGsettings.PNG

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

what version of VA are you using ?

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm using SAS 9.4 M5, VA 7.4.

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

For removing millions you can simply unchecked the show label box for Y Axis in properties.  it will not display your label it self. i hope it will work for you.

Millions.PNG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation