BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RVO
Calcite | Level 5 RVO
Calcite | Level 5

Hope someone can help me out, stuck on the following problem:

I have a treemap that I use to drill down into categories (Cat > subcat > subsubcat > etc.), which are in a table that has company data in it.

I have a barchart below  the treemap that shows me the total revenue of companies within that category. What I want to achieve: if I click in the treemap on Cat1 > Subcat1, that the barchart also drills down to the same level, and shows all the subsubcats that are below subcat1. It now only filters the data, and to actually drill down I have to manually click in the barchart to drill down to the same level. This is not very user friendly in my opinion.

Is there a way to achieve what I want? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
arthurdpereira
Obsidian | Level 7

From what I understand, you created a hierarchy between categories. However, I don't understand why you can't use the same hierarchy in both charts. That is the only way to make this work.

EmilyB_SAS
SAS Employee

What version of Visual Analytics are you using?

Here is an article explaining how to do this using a custom chart from VA Graph Builder. It is old but should still apply to more recent releases: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Keep-your-SAS-Visual-Analytics-charts-in-sync... 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation