BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dishen_pancholi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Everyone, 

I want to develop a waterfall chart that has measures on both the axis where i need to apply an aggregation on both the axis, is this possible in SAS VA and if yes how can I achieve that?

Thanks & Regards,

Dishen Pancholi

3 REPLIES 3
Stu_SAS
SAS Employee

Hey Dishen! With the Custom Graph Builder, you sure can. Let's make a custom waterfall chart with two axes: one for the waterfall, and one for a scatterplot. First, go to the hamburger menu and open up Custom Graph Builder:

Stu_SAS_0-1648657909307.png

In Graph Builder, drag a Waterfall chart and a Scatter Plot on top of each other:

Stu_SAS_1-1648657972831.png

Select the Options pane on the right and click the Scatter Plot. Change the Y axis to the right side:

Stu_SAS_3-1648658066156.png

Save your custom graph. Log on to Visual Analytics and import your custom graph from the location you saved it.

Stu_SAS_4-1648658150129.png

Drag it onto the canvas, add your roles, and you're all done! 

dishen_pancholi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @Stu_SAS ,

Thank you so much for your reply, but is it possible to not have a category and just two measures for the chart, one on X-axis and one on Y-axis? My requirement is to have aggregated measure on both the axis which is not possible if I have a category on the X-axis

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think you clearly misunderstand the concept of aggregation. 

numeric vs numeric won't aggregate due to the lack of clear rules "where" to aggregate the other measure.

you can trick a measure into behaving like a category by using the format in create calculated item.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation