BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

How different is administering SAS Visual Analytics environment from normal SAS BI Environment?

Any links to SAS Papers would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

related to reporting, it has more or less the same considerations, but as a different product with different components, there are many peculiarities that you should be aware of.

Instead of papers, I would strongly advise you to start with the SAS VA Administration Guide : https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/

This document is user/password protected, but you should be able to get it from your SAS Technical Support, if your company has already purchased the SAS VA license.

Best regards,

Juan

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Thanks Juan for the response. Unfortunately we don't have SAS VA as of now. I have visited that link and since it's protected I am looking for some papers.

Also, I have seen the free videos at SAS Site but they are pertaining to a task only.

Thanks!
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As a recent administrator to SAS VA, I would say it is very similar to administering SAS BI server, assuming your architecture is similar. VA has extra requirements for managing LASR memory and VA apps.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

First of all, I'd get in contact with the SAS representative and take a look at your requirements, and see if VA is a viable solution.

It may be that your reporting requirements can be met with lesser means (both in term of complexity and cost).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation