BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

hi,

i tried to add a link to VA 7.1 (http://myserver/SASVisualAnalyticsHub/) to a SAS Information Delivery Portal 9.2 collection portlet.

clicking it results in a blank page.

how can i do this?

thanks,

Bart H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Actually, I think all of the above can be discarded -- your VA link in the collection portlet was created as a "link" item. Try instead creating the link as an "application". I believe this should work.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Bart,

Is it possible you left out the port number from your VA URL?

Sam

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

hi Sam,

thanks but no, the link works when i paste it in a browser.

btw the link does get transformed to an Application in the portal (http://sasportal92:8080/SASPortal/viewItem.do?com.sas.portal.ItemId=Link%2Bomi%3A%2F%2FFoundation%2F...)

Bart

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Bart,

I only have a Portal 4.4 installation to test with, but I am able to link to VA from a collection portlet. I don't think there should be a difference if you have Portal 4.2.

Can you go to the edit screen for the link in your collection portlet and create a screenshot?

Can you also share a screenshot of your browser state after clicking the link?

You can email these to me if you would prefer not to make your URLs visable on this forum.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Actually, I think all of the above can be discarded -- your VA link in the collection portlet was created as a "link" item. Try instead creating the link as an "application". I believe this should work.

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

thanks Sam, that worked!

now would you know of a trick to open that link in a separate window?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

For many browsers, holding Shift when you click the link will open it in a new window. This seems to work for me in Chrome and IE11.

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

i consider that a work-around Smiley Happy

no way to have the link open in a new window by default?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Sorry, I don't know of a way offhand. I was thinking it should be a user preference, but apparently not.

I think if you were linking to Web Report Studio 4.2 there would be a way to get back to your Portal, but VA does not offer that feature (beyond your browser's Back button.)

jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam, I know this thread is couple of months old. I have similar issue. I am trying to add a VA (version 6.4_M1) report link to the SAS portal. Is it possible to get individual report link? if so, how to get the link from VA report and then add it as URL or create link as application. I tried to add URL as external link as suggested on SAS VA documentation, when I tried to open the link, I got error on the page saying SAS server cant accept this connection.

Thanks in advance,

Jit.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Jit,

One way to obtain the URL to a specific report is to use the Email feature.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67270/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p03vdeeu91u6gxn1267yi...

I'm not sure if you have already tried that.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Sam

jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Sam, I am able to get the report link that way, and posted it to the IDP. Using Shift key to open the link in new window works for now. If someone opens the link without pressing shift key is not taking back to the portal page. Hope this got fixed in future releases.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for the update. Are you creating the link in IDP as an "application"?

jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

Yes Sam, I am created the link in IDP as Application. I wish SAS can add VA portets just like dashboard portlet.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

When you create the link as an application, does the link work? It is just that you cannot navigate back to the Portal?

I think that matches my experience when I was testing this earlier.

Would it be a better experience if the application links would open a new window / tab by default (instead of you having to Shift+Click)?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation