BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi community,

I'm new to SAS VA and I'm loving it. I got a requirement of Synchronizing users from Active Directory to SAS VA. As i'm new to this architecture, I would like to have ur guidance on how i can implement this.

Thank You 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

If you are after a point and click method to synchronise AD users with some recommended practices such as tag deleting and an audit report please have a look at Metacoda Identity Sync Plug-in. For some technical detail and a screencast demo of it in action, have a  look at http://platformadmin.com/blogs/paul/2015/07/synchronizing-sas-platform-identities/

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
WouterG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

We use the Metacoda Plug-in in both our SAS VA and SAS Grid environments for Active Directory Synchronisation.

It works like a charm and provides reports on users added, deleted etc. The interactive user interface is easy to use and provides everything that you need to understand AD groups and SAS Roles.

It is a "must have" for any SAS environment that synchronises with Active Directory.

Regards,

Wouter

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Thank you for replying, i've few questions

1. MetaCode Identity Sync Plug-in is free to download?(I've tried to register with them but page is not opening)

2. How to add the Plugin into SAS Management Console?

My Regards 🙂

WouterG
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi balraj

The Plug-in is provided by Metacoda - Michelle ( above ) is the contact person for Metacoda.

They can probably provide a trial version.

The plug-in installation drops the right files in the right places. It becomes available after installation by default.

Wouter

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Wouter,

I'll get in touch with Michelle, just now I found that it is free for the registered users. Apart from MetaCode do we have any other alternatives similar to Metacode

My Regards

MetaCodeLicenseDetails.PNG
WouterG
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi balraj

Not that I am aware of. We are a Metacoda customer after looking around for a solution.

I would suggest you look at it and make a decision. You won't be sorry.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @WouterG for sharing your experiences. We're pleased to hear you find the plug-in useful. Smiley Happy

Hi @balraj,

If you register for a free 30 day Metacoda Security Plug-ins evaluation you can try the Identity Sync Plug-in. There is some detail relating to licensing on our website and we can discuss this further offline.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi  @SASKiwi @WouterG @SASKiwi

Can i get a step by step guidance on how to implement AD with SAS VA, I'm very new to SAS and tried to understand the coding part but I couldn't crack it, where to run it and few blogs saying to use "sasmod_users.sas" and others "importad.sas" which approach I've to follow for successful implementation.

Kind Regards

Balraj.P

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Balraj,

For step-by-step assistance that is tailored to your environment you should contact SAS Technical Support.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation