BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All,

I have a category column which is named as Repairing Stat/Province - 59 (US), now i want to show this column in 2 types 1) Repairing State Name 2) Repairing Name Province in Region Map.

The Repairing State Name (1st) is done successfully with Geo region map, Now How can i show the Repairing Name Province in Geo region Map.

Warranty Analysis Demo | SAS® Visual Analytics

Thanks,

Teja.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Michell,

I got the Solution, Thanks for your response, In subdivision names i am selecting the wrong Province Name,  means i am selecting USA, But the actual Province is Canada.

Thanks,

Teja

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Teja,

Good to hear you were able to successfully use the Repairing State Name in a Geo Region Map. To use the data item as Repairing Name Province, you can right mouse click on it in the data pane in the left and select duplicate. Then you can change the properties of the item such as name and use it as required.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

P.S. if this answers your question, please mark it as answered so that members in the community know. Please do this for all of your posted questions. Thanks!

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your response.

I am tried all properties of Geography, but there is no use.  The report is from sas present i am working on it. here is the link Warranty Analysis Demo | SAS® Visual Analytics

In this link you can see the Geo Region maps in section -1 (cost overview), which is made by sas (Sample reports).

Thanks,

Teja

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Teja,

Thanks for providing the additional information and the reference to the report. I was unclear what the connection was. To set up a province you need to use a subdivision Geography role as described at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: Defining and SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: Working

Note that the data must match what is provided in the Visual Analytics look up tables - Country and Region Subdivision Lookup Values for SAS Visual Analytics 7.1

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Michell,

I am tried with subdivision Geography but there is no result, How SAS done this in reports?.......Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Teja

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Teja,

I would then look at the actual data values of the data item. Have you created a table object to see if the data values are exact values to the valid subdivisions?

Kind Regards,

Michelle

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes, I checked and the values are valid as per SAS standards.

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Michell,

I got the Solution, Thanks for your response, In subdivision names i am selecting the wrong Province Name,  means i am selecting USA, But the actual Province is Canada.

Thanks,

Teja

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Teja,

Great to hear!

Please mark the question as answered.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation