BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi masters!

I think is a rare question but, It's possible to configure 2 different machines with Visual Analytics against 1 SAS Office analytics server?

thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @JuanDaniel

Can you maybe expand a bit more on your question please ?

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

@nhvdwalt

Well, first suposse that i have 2 machines with SAS Visual Analytics, and 1 machine is for test and another 1 is for production.

I have too SAS Enterprise Guide where i deploy some projects. In this deployments i have a task: Upload to LASR but for this task i need to select the LASR Server. How can I do for select LASR Server for test or for production? 

For this can I configure 2 SASapp Servers for VA in the management console and then i can select differents LASR Server in EG launching the projects for differents environments?

Thanks!!

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

I understand. Sounds like a plan, but I would rather wait for some additional comments from the forum.

Personally, I would advise against combining separate environments, especially DEV and PROD, together like this. There is whole list of reasons why these environments should be separate. I understand those reasons differ from site to site, but still, I would approach this with utmost caution.

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think It is the library that descides which server to access.

Create a libnam for each environment (dev/prod) and assign the corresponding server. Then set access on the libnames/tables via folder permissions.

//Fredrik

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks @FredrikE and @nhvdwalt

I think my explanation is wrong. I'm try to explain better.

Point 1: I have 1 SERVER with SMC and i have 1 SAS VA connected and working with the SERVER correctly.

Point 2: I have another 1 SAS VA but this VA is not connected to a SERVER it's independent.

The question is, there is any way to connect the independent SAS VA to the SCM and then i can choose between differents VA in SAS Enterprise Guide?

Kind Regards

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

I'm still struggling to understand this....

Are you perhaps saying that Point 1 is a VA non-distributed configuration and Point 2 is a VA distributed configuration ?

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It should be possible to configure VA to use another metadata server, which is what I think you're after.

I don't have more information and think you should contact your SAS representative to get more help, its in the configuration/installation anyhow 🙂

//Fredrik

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JuanDaniel,

I am having troubles as well understanding correctly your deployment and your requirement.

So far, here my understanding:

- you have 3 environments: 2x VA (say VA1 and VA2) and 1x OA. 

- you connect EG to OA + VA.

- this "VA + OA": does it have a shared metadata server, or separated? Not sure to understand.

- you have another VA environment (with no OA? distrubuted? non-distributed?)

I believe your question has been really answered: when you select Upload to LASR, you have the option to select the LASR library/server you want to load the data. Hence, to the OA server you will need to have defined the LASR servers and the LASR libraries pointing to the appropriate LASR server.

-  this would mean: you have a functioning LASR server and library using VA1, if I got it right.

- then you need to define another LASR server (connection pointing to the VA2 LASR) and another LASR library.

Once you have this, if you connect to your OA, you could Upload to LASR, to the LASR server/libraries defined on your Metadata server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation