BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hello!

I have big news to share: I am the new SAS User Group Liaison! I have met many of you at the RUGs. For those who don't know me, here are a few bullet points:

• I've been at SAS 20+ years, serving in 3 different groups.
  • I spent 8 years in SAS Press signing up new authors.
  • I've been to more than 30 RUGs and 12 or 13 (easy to lose track) SUGIs/SGFs.
  • I've spent the last nearly 8 years in Chris Hemedinger's group as a community manager.

I am getting up to speed on all of the notes that Kate left, and will start posting helpful information soon. In the meantime, feel free to ping me with any questions or suggestions. I look forward to working with you all!

6 REPLIES 6
jmhorstman
Obsidian | Level 7
Congratulations on the new role, Shelley! Looking forward to working with you as well.

Josh
nbrucken
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes- congratulations, Shelley, and I'm looking forward to working with you, as well!

Nancy

Quentin
Super User

Congratulations, and thanks for taking on this role!

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out recordings of our past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Save the date for our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18 in Cambridge, MA. Registration opens in September.
tarheel13
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yay Shelley! Go Heels!😎

robertdmc
Calcite | Level 5
Hi. I would like to use SAS factor analysis in an academic research paper
at the VA Southern Nevada. For my single use situation, is there a
university in the Las Vegas area that has SAS software for research use?
Whom should I talk to? Thanks.
Robert McAnelly MD
robertdmca@gmail.com
702-340-7999
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

Your best bet is SAS On Demand for Academics: https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html. It is free to use, within limits, for educators. I believe your need fits perfectly within the scope of this software.

Best,

Shelley

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 6 in conversation