BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
segnaluoc
Calcite | Level 5

I just started my SAS training using SAS studio. I am in the section " Understanding SAS Syntax, SAS Program Structure (video), Activity", and from Activity I got this: "Open p101a03.sas from the activities folder and perform the following tasks:". Where is the activities folder located in SAS, please ?

Thank you?

11 REPLIES 11
Reeza
Super User

Which course are you taking and do you have a reference to this question/activity section, ie Chapter 3> Activities?

I've moved this question to the Training Courses subgroup and hopefully someone there can comment, because to be honest, I have no idea what that means. 

@segnaluoc wrote:

I just started my SAS training using SAS studio. I am in the section " Understanding SAS Syntax, SAS Program Structure (video), Activity", and from Activity I got this: "Open p101a03.sas from the activities folder and perform the following tasks:". Where is the activities folder located in SAS, please ?

Thank you?

segnaluoc
Calcite | Level 5

I am doing lesson1 in "SAS Programming 1: Essentials".

The file attached below will give you a good description of where I am in the program.

Thank you!

Reeza
Super User

This was done as part of the course set up, in the ZIP file. If you didn't complete that step, please go back to the course overview/set up section labeled required and complete those steps.

Good Luck with the course!

Open this ZIP file and extract the files to the SASUniversityEdition/myfolders folder on your computer. The unzip process will create a folder named EPG194 that includes two SAS programs (setup.sas and createdata.sas) and five sub-folders: activities, data, demos, output, and practices.

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 8.04.10 PM.png

chanodin
Calcite | Level 5

"This was done as part of the course set up, in the ZIP file. If you didn't complete that step, please go back to the course overview/set up section labeled required and complete those steps."

The problem I think the original poster and I had is that the Lesson 1 says "Open p101a03.sas from the activities folder and perform the following tasks" without ever saying that it is talking about a SAS EG folder rather than a folder on the SAS website.

Reeza
Super User

@chanodin wrote:

"This was done as part of the course set up, in the ZIP file. If you didn't complete that step, please go back to the course overview/set up section labeled required and complete those steps."

The problem I think the original poster and I had is that the Lesson 1 says "Open p101a03.sas from the activities folder and perform the following tasks" without ever saying that it is talking about a SAS EG folder rather than a folder on the SAS website.

I think it's from the zip file you download as part of the set up instructions and the file is in the activities folder in the zipped file?

Unless it's changed in the last update.

edencrowsey
Fluorite | Level 6

Ok I think I found these instructions. I was following the instructions on 
"Setting up your practice files (Required)". For which there are subsections. I am using SAS Virtual Lab, therefore I followed the tabbed instructions within that section. The "activities" folder is under the section for "Using your own SAS Software". This following options for obtaining data under that section has the additional files including the activities folder.

edencrowsey
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm still confused by these responses. The file folder that is extracted contains only one .sas file in it and it is "createdataPG1v2_oda" I don't see an activities folder or a p101a03 file name. So is there no file titled p101a03?

Reeza
Super User
That's a set up program. When you run the program in there in SAS it will create the folders.

Did you have a step where you created a path and ran the code and then all the folders were created in that path?
edencrowsey
Fluorite | Level 6

I've followed each step in the lesson, and I did not receive this instruction. The only data file preparation I saw was for the pg1v2setup_oda zipped file. Was this noted somewhere as some thing I should have done prior to beginning the lesson?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you are using the internal Citrix-Receiver based Virtual Lab, the data is already created for you in the Virtual Lab and there is NOT any setup to do.
On the other hand, if you are using your own SAS license or your school's or company's SAS license then there are separate instructions for how to make the data specifically for your local copy of SAS.
On the other, other hand, if you are using SAS Studio on SAS OnDemand for Academics, we have separate instructions for how you need to make the data for the Programming 1 class. These instructions involve a zip file and downloading the zip file to your own machine and then uploading the program you need to the SAS OnDemand server. These instructions are NOT interchangable. In your original post, you said you were using the "SAS Virtual Lab" and once you click the link to Launch the lab, you should be able to navigate to the S:\workshop\EPG1V2 folder and see that all the data and all the folders have already been created for you.j
If this is NOT the case and you ARE using the internal Citrix-Receiver based Virtual Lab then you should send mail to elearn@sas.com so we can investigate in more depth.
Cynthia
barry1717
Calcite | Level 5
thx

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 6 in conversation