BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vkgaurav_org
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all

I am loading a table using SAS DI. Certainly i have to make some changes in formats for some of the variables. I have made changes in the properties of target and it got updated in DI But when I checked the same in SAS EG changes is not occours there. certainly I used the proc dataset procedure and modified the table in EG. But I am not sure why it is not changing IN EG if I made any change in SAS DI? Do we need to redeploy the job then it occors there?

Please help me on this.

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

The right forum for DIS questions would be "SAS Data Management".

To answer your question:

The changes you apply in DIS are on SAS Metadata level. What you look at in SAS EG is most likely on physical table level (except the library got assigne via META engine).

I assume your DIS job only creates the table if it doesn't exist. In such a case just changing the column on Metadata level in the DIS job won't change the underlying physical table. Easiest is: Delete the physical table, then re-run your DIS job and things should work just fine.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation