BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASUSER1909
Calcite | Level 5

I've started using SAS  University Edition and the code I'm saving to a library on computer is not actually saving (though it says it is and the date/time the code shows being saved is correct). When I open a new session, sometimes it will just show an older version of the code and sometimes it will have saved only part of the code. Today, for example, I opened up a file that said it had saved. Instead of finding several hundred lines of code, I only found 3 lines of one proc!

The VMware player that I use is open the whole time. I do sometimes lock and leave my computer in the middle of coding, then come back and continue working. Could this be it?

How can I make sure the code I work on actually saves?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Interesting...I would try a different browser. A worse case scenario would be copying the code over to a text file editor and saving in there as a .txt or even a .sas file from there. SAS code files are simply text files.

On the other hand, I've had issues pasting code into SAS UE so that may not help 😞

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
Interesting...I would try a different browser. A worse case scenario would be copying the code over to a text file editor and saving in there as a .txt or even a .sas file from there. SAS code files are simply text files.

On the other hand, I've had issues pasting code into SAS UE so that may not help 😞

SASUSER1909
Calcite | Level 5
Seems to have worked! I'm copy/pasting the code into a test file just to be sure, but so far so good. Thank you!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation