BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
black_sun
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I'm using SAS 9.4. I have a problem with editor - it's black and I can't write code. I found information that I have to install hot fixes (Problem Note 59036: The background color for the SAS® Enhanced Editor window is black and text is not visible). I did it, I chose hot fixes for SAS enhanced editor v. 9.431 (I found it on this website: http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/A2V.html#59036). I'm using Windows 10 x64 up to date. When I'm trying to change a view editor (Tools >> Options >> Enhanced editor...), it appears 'Internal application error. How can I solve this problem? I attached a photo.

sas.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
ballardw
Super User

The screen you show makes me strongly suspect that you have two SAS sessions open and that you attempted to do something in one that would affect the other or settings to both.

The reason I think that is the top for lines in the log show that 1) changes to registry won't be kept, 2) the inability to copy the registry and work will be used and that the program was unable to open SASUSER.Profile. That last is going to happen when you open two sessions.

Close BOTH sessions of SAS and start over with the hotfix install

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi, @black_sun. In addition to @ballardw's suggestion, I would strongly encourage you to contact SAS Technical Support. Since you are using a licensed version of the product, there's every good reason to give us a call at 1-800-727-0025 or email support@sas.com.

Thanks,

Randy

wmaslak
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem and after contating SAS Support I got the solution.

(If you are using Windows) You need to change the names of folders in EnhancedEditor/nls (normally can be found at: C:\Program Files\SASHome\EnhancedEditor\nls ). Change eng -> en for English language. For other languages you need to guess the proper two-letter name or ask SAS Support about it.
It works for me, let us know how it worked for you.
Regards,
Wojtek

black_sun
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but it still doest't work.

I've changed name of folder (eng>>en) and editor is black.

But I have started use Program Editor. Did you use it? Do you know differences between Editor and Program Editor?

Regards,
Sylwia

wmaslak
Calcite | Level 5

Are you using only the English version of SAS? Have you tried changing names of folders for other languages (e.g pol->pl)?

black_sun
Fluorite | Level 6

It works! Thank you very much 🙂

huribe
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,  

I got the same problem.   Is there any other advise to fix the issue.

Thanks

SAS-user
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have the same problem. After changing the folder names, do we have to do anything else (like update SAS), as it is still not working for me? 

Thank you very much.

rambor12
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,  

I got the same problem too.  I hope someone solve this problem.

Thanks

AnitaN
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there

I had the same problem. The following procedure worked for me (on Windows 10 / x64):

In the folder C:\Program Files\SASHome\EnhancedEditor\nls I originally had the English and the German version (eng and deu) for the Enhanced Editor. Changing the names of the folders didn't help. Then I moved the German version to another folder and now the the Enhanced Editor is working. We had the same problem before with another PC and there it was solved the same way.

Best,

Anita

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 8 in conversation