BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GN1
Fluorite | Level 6 GN1
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using SAS University Edition. I am able to create folders and download files from the SAS Studio but I cannot upload any files from my local machine (MacBook) into SAS Studio. After clicking 'Choose Files' button in 'Upload Files' window, it allows me to select files and click the 'Choose' button. After clicking the 'Choose' button when the control comes back to the previous window (the 'Upload Files' window), the selected files don't appear and so nothing happens upon clicking the 'Upload' button - neither the window goes away nor the files get uploaded. I am new to SAS but have significant experience on some other programming languages and platforms. Also, the files are very small in size.

I tried uploading the files into SAS Studio thru Virtual Box as well but even there I face the same issue.

Some other details are as below:

SAS release: 9.04.01M6P11072018
SAS platform: Linux LIN X64 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64
Site name: SAS ONDEMAND FOR ACADEMICS
Site number: 70094220

Someone else is able to upload the same file using his account on his machine. So, what could be the problem - something related to my SAS account or laptop settings? Any help in resolving this issue will be highly appreciable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

When using virtual box, you have sas running in a virtual environment on your mac, so you don't need and upload feature, just copy the files to the folder you have mapped to MyFolders in the configuration of virtual box / SAS Studio.

Which browser are you using?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
GN1
Fluorite | Level 6 GN1
Fluorite | Level 6

Here is the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.16.18 PM.png

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

When using virtual box, you have sas running in a virtual environment on your mac, so you don't need and upload feature, just copy the files to the folder you have mapped to MyFolders in the configuration of virtual box / SAS Studio.

Which browser are you using?

GN1
Fluorite | Level 6 GN1
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much @andreas_lds for providing the solution in case of the virtual box. Somehow I forgot to realise the purpose of creating 'myfolders' on local machine, which has been mapped to the SAS Studio Smiley LOL  

I am using Safari browser (Version 13.0.1). It would be really nice if you could provide the solution for SAS ONDEMAND FOR ACADEMICS as well.

zrw2106
Calcite | Level 5
I had similar uses, and you are unable to upload files if using Safari. I had to install Chrome in order to solve the issue with SAS Studio.
stephoak
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you! This worked! I don't have the files on my computer so this was an easy fix!
Jean_Marie
Calcite | Level 5
Fantastic ! I had the same problem with Safari.
And it work with Chrome...
IrekaJ
Calcite | Level 5
I am having the same issue but am using SAS OnDemand for Academics. How should I resolve this issue?
stephoak
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! I was able to upload them after downloading Google Chrome and using SAS in chrome. Instant upload with no problems.  I hope this helps!

yksouri
Calcite | Level 5

As mentioned in the installation documentation, Safari is not supported. You should install Chrome or Firefox on your Mac and it works fine.
PS: I had the same problem

Jean_Marie
Calcite | Level 5

YES! It'working with Chrome... 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 7 in conversation