BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bluemountains
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I am getting following error when I load the Uni Edition

The application could not log on to the server "localhost:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine. Connection refused

What to do then?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

See troubleshooting tips at bottom of this page:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/main.htm

If you continue to have issues please respond with as much detail as possible. Is this a new installation of SAS UE? Browser/OS? Error messages? VM version? VM settings?

bluemountains
Obsidian | Level 7
I was able to load now, I think an update was missing. Thanks anyway.
AVarma
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I was facing the same issue and I installed the .ova file again in the Virtual Box. To get the same dataset I have added the same folder location under the following location :

Oracle VM Virtual Box >> settings >> shared folders.

After doing this, everything was restored back and was not facing any issues.

Regards

AV

AnoopR
Calcite | Level 5

Please complete any update if pending. If any update is pending, you will get a pop up will sign in.

Try connecting to a different network (if you are in office network, connect to your Mobile phone network instaed or connect to your network at home and try once). 

I don't know which of the above options worked for me.

Akshar_Sharma
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

For me restarting the virtual machine worked. I faced this problem after leaving my laptop on sleep for a few days and keeping the VM idle in the meantime. Maybe that could be a trigger for problems like this?

Hope it helps!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation