BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yuanbaobei
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, my first time to install and use SAS University Edition, but encountered the following message at the last step:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache PivotalWebServer Server at localhost Port 10080 

Is someone else experience the same situation now? Or any past experiences? What does this really mean? How to fix it? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @yuanbaobei, I'm sorry you're having such difficulty on your first experience with SAS University Edition. It's our problem, nothing you did! It is a known issue that we are working hard to resolve as quickly as possible. This post, Service Temporarily Unavailable - an update from SAS, applies in your case. Watch this forum for an update.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @yuanbaobei, I'm sorry you're having such difficulty on your first experience with SAS University Edition. It's our problem, nothing you did! It is a known issue that we are working hard to resolve as quickly as possible. This post, Service Temporarily Unavailable - an update from SAS, applies in your case. Watch this forum for an update.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

Muwanguzi
Obsidian | Level 7

looks like someone says this was solved. not on my end, maybe am doing something wrong, but the update didnt work i still get the error, please let me know what yu did

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @Muwanguzi, I'm sorry you're still having trouble! We're still working on a solution. Meanwhile, there are some options you can try in this post SAS University Edition Error Messages – 5/4/16 Update from SAS. Post back here if one of those worked for you.

kwokzon
Calcite | Level 5

I had the same problem. Tried everything outlined in the SAS forums. The update was never succesful even after many many trials.

In the end, what worked for we was to use VMware instead of Oracle VM VirtualBox.

Here is the SAS Quick Guide for it.

Hope that helps any of you! Enjoy!

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @kwokzon, thanks for sharing what worked for you! @Muwanguzi, were you able to get back on track?

UREEMJAMES
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having the same problem as my peer did.

UREEMJAMES
Calcite | Level 5

Problem in downloading SAS U

SAS STORE UNAVAILABLE

We're temporarily down for some scheduled updates. Sorry about that – please check back later.

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi, @UREEMJAMES. If you have another browser on your system, please try with that one. I think perhaps your browser has cached a "service unavailable" page. You can also trying clearing out your browser cache to see if that gives you a different response.

I'm not aware of any service disruptions with the store at this time. Please do let me know if you're successful.

Thanks,

Randy

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Thanks for helping out, @RandyMullis. Hi @UREEMJAMES, let us know what happens. Next time you have a problem, start a new topic on the Analytics U Community: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/bd-p/sas_analytics_u That way, you'll get an answer faster! Thanks for learning SAS.

neerajk
Calcite | Level 5

I am getting that SAS suniversity edition is down temporarily message since yesterday night! Is it just something in my settings or is the SAS studio university edition down?

neerajk
Calcite | Level 5

I am getting that SAS suniversity edition is down temporarily message since yesterday night! Is it just something in my settings or is the SAS studio university edition down?

neerajk
Calcite | Level 5

Thx. I could get into the SAS university edition SAS studi. Thx SAS, as usual your responsiveness is amazing to your userbase

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi, @neerajk. I'm sorry for your inconvenience and glad that you were able to get SAS University Edition downloaded. The problem was due to a very specific misconfiguration which we were able to determine and correct.

Thank you for using and learning SAS software!

Randy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 in conversation