BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
khawajaa
Calcite | Level 5

hello SAS community. My Web server is ruining as <server_name>:7980/ returns a "Successful Installation of SAS" messages. The after adding /SASStudio in the end results in an HTTP 404 error. Checked that all httpd processes are running. 

Any idea what's missing?

7 REPLIES 7
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11
Did you make sure all of the services are started? Can you connect to the server from the same URL but from the server itself (i.e., remoted into the server as opposed to from elsewhere)?
khawajaa
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for a quick response. All services are up. I have never tried to run SASStudio on the server itself. My SAS BI is installed on Linux 6.4. The dev server in fast is working fine with the similar URL. My prod is having this issue since the M4 update. 

khawajaa
Calcite | Level 5

I am remoted into the server - did you mean if I ever tried to run the sasstudio commandline? I haven't. How do you invoke it on the server after remoting in? Any help/hint/tip would be highly appreciated.

snoopy369
Barite | Level 11
No, I mean from a web browser on the server - if you're in Linux I suppose
you may not have one of those (I'm in a windows environment so it's easy to
test if it's a firewall or port issue this way).
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Also check for the tomcat (usually with SASServer1_1 in the commandline)

I could think of several reasons:

• the web application server (tomcat) is down
  • the redirection of the /SASStudio URL to the web application server is not correctly configured
  • the web app itself has not been deployed

Opening a track with SAS TS is in order.

khawajaa
Calcite | Level 5

This could be a URL redirection issue. Tomcat seems to be up and Web App was deployed. if there are files or configurations missing I need to drill down and find out what those are. Currently I have opened a case with SAS support. 

My answer to other response regarding running a web browser on the Linux server - currently I am in the processing of setting up a browser to test that. Will respond once fully achieved. 

Thank you for your responses.

muduki
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, did you get it any steps to resolve the issue? if yes, would you mind to share the details?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation