BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kenny
Obsidian | Level 7

This SAS library showed up in my session, and is pointing to my physical WORK library location? What is this library, and why is it showing up? SASCATCA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Kenny ,

Thanks for your response. SAS/CONNECT contains the elements of Remote Library Services (RLS), the same as SAS/SHARE. SASCATCA library is automatically assigned in order to cache catalogs for transport via RLS. There is no way to hide that library.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@Kenny ,

What version of SAS is that? I assume this is a connection from SAS Enterprise Guide? Do you have any ideas if this is a grid connection or not?

Kenny
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS 9.4, M5. Yes, it is a Grid implementation. If it is tied to our configuration, I can get SAS tech support involved. I just want to understand. It started when I noticed that some of the WORK output tables I generate are labeled as USER.TABLE instead of WORK.TABLE, and our USER system option is currently defaulting to WORK (USER=). I thought perhaps this SASCATCA was related to the issue.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Kenny ,

Thanks for your response. SAS/CONNECT contains the elements of Remote Library Services (RLS), the same as SAS/SHARE. SASCATCA library is automatically assigned in order to cache catalogs for transport via RLS. There is no way to hide that library.

Reeza
Super User
Whenever you have a library defined as user that takes precedence over the work library. Data sets without a library definition are automatically piped to User over work when that library exists. This is noted in the documentation but unless you've seen it, don't know it happens/exists. It's a good trick to re-route things when your work library is too small.
Kenny
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Reeza,

I saw the SAS doc on the USER library. This issue is either a Studio bug, or the infrastructure on our side. The behavior only occurs in Studio, and so far it appears random. When I am explicitly using the WORK library, and our USER option is 'USER=', with no value supplied, I do not expect to see any output referencing the USER library. According to the doc, our USER option defaults to WORK since we do not supply an alternative location. So why then would SAS Studio generate a table that does not show up when the job ends, and shows only a reference to the USER location?The table is actually in the WORK library, but I have to open that library and double-click the table to view it. 

My goal is to figure out why that is happening at all. What is making Studio think that any output table should go to USER?

P.S. I thought this might be related to the SASCATCA library, but I can see that is unlikely.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation