BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mamun85
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi:

I have been working on SAS University Edition for a year without any issue. Recently it has stopped working in Safari without any error message. It just don't show anyting! Please suggest a solution. Following are the technical details:

SAS University Edition: Most recent one (I re-installed everything. Still no hope!)

VirtualBox: Oracle VM 5.0.16

Safari: Version 9.1

Thank you,

Mamun

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
Can you post screen shots of VM running and your browser address and screen when trying to access. I had a similar problem and shut down VM and restarted and it worked. Note that restarting oraclebox isnt the same thing.
mamun85
Fluorite | Level 6

Here is a screen shot. Can you please guide me to shut down VM?

Thank you so much,

Mamun

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 6.10.44 PM.png
Reeza
Super User

Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in VirtualBox, I use VMWare and it works 

Paul_OldenKamp_org
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Mamun,

I use Windows and Chrome to run University Edition so my environment may not match your's.

The black box in your screen shot looks incomplete and I think shows a problem executing the VM.

When I right-click the blue box with the red hat, I get several choices including 'close'.  Selecting that I get further choices including 'power off' or cntl-F.  See if you have those choices and can shut down.

Good luck,

Paul

mamun85
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried to use Chrome brower and get the following error message:

The application could not log on to the server "localhost:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine. Connection refused
Close

I know VMware is better than Oracle VirtualBox, but VMware cost money!
Please help.

Paul_OldenKamp_org
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I got the 8591 port a couple of times.  When I shut everything down and re-started UE it worked normally.

Paul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation