BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASandSOS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello there 🙂

I just installed SAS University Edition a few days ago. So the first 2 days everything was working just fine without any problems but today when i tried to open SAS in the same way as the last days, after clicking "Start SAS Studio" there comes an error log: 

"The application could not log on to the server "localhost:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine. Connection refused"

I tried restarting my computer but it didnt seem to work. VM and Browser are on the latest version.

Any ideas how to fix it? Maybe reinstall SAS on the VM? Is there anything I need to know about reinstalling at a VM?

I am thankfull for any help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Is your SAS VM up and running?
Are you able to see the localhost address in the VM Box something like this:
VM.jpg

SASandSOS
Calcite | Level 5

Hey, thanks for the quick answer 🙂

Yes, my VM was running properly.

After I shut my VM down again there were 3 options to chose how to shut down. 

Only after I selected the third option "shut down VM" and restarted it, it worked.

I consider this as solved now 🙂

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation