BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

I want to create a logistic model to predict the body fat group i.e. lean or bulky. Select the significant variables, check all the criteria to analyse your model and make an sensitivity-specificity analysis. However I’m unsure what my classification or continuous varible would be or if I’d have any

13 REPLIES 13
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You have to use independent variables to do any prediction. Do you have independent variables? What are they?

--
Paige Miller
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

I m given variables including sport (basketball, cross-country, track, softball, volleyball, swim & tennis), height, weight, percentage body fat, BMI (body mass index), sit ups per minute, 40 yard dash, vertical jump, sit reach test, bench press (60lbs and max), leg press (200lbs and max), medicine ball throw and shuttle run.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

So that list contains the independent variables you could put into your model. Sport seems to be the only categorical variable in the list.

--
Paige Miller
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

So are these variables classed as continuous variables or classification variables?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Categorical variables (like sport) are also considered to be classification variables (and you would use the CLASS statement when you do the model). The rest seem to be continuous, but since I don't have your data, you have to look at the data and confirm that.

--
Paige Miller
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

They are independent however I am very confused how to carry out this test

laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you! Would you say to include every one of the independent variables? 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The answer depends on the data.

--
Paige Miller
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

Tgis is my data it goes down to 57 entries but 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

No, I didn't mean you should show me the data, I meant you have to analyze the data and see what variables belong in the model.

--
Paige Miller
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

I also made a variable based on body fat which I know is the response 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation