BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JonathanWill
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

In the SAS/Studio web interface there is a messages count in the status bar at the bottom right.  This appears to collect various 'toast' messages that pop up while using the system.  

When I click on it, a message dialog is opened, but it only shows the first few messages, and there appears to be no way of seeing the rest of them.

Studio_MessagesDialog.PNG

I can filter to a subset based on message type, or clear all the messages, but there's navigation options to see more, or move to the next page.

Am I missing something?  Is this how the dialog should look or is it displaying broken on our system?

Thanks

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

I think filter-by is the only option to filter and view all messages. I don't see any option to scroll or navigate in the guide as well. I haven't enabled debug so I don't see these many messages, will give it a shot in my environment later and share the outcome.

I don't think the dialog box is broken, that's how it works. You can drop an email to SAS Technical support for official confirmation: support@sas.com

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=webeditorug&docsetTarget=p1bk6i7cxpnn80n1idpn9mwtuwcc.htm...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

I think filter-by is the only option to filter and view all messages. I don't see any option to scroll or navigate in the guide as well. I haven't enabled debug so I don't see these many messages, will give it a shot in my environment later and share the outcome.

I don't think the dialog box is broken, that's how it works. You can drop an email to SAS Technical support for official confirmation: support@sas.com

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=webeditorug&docsetTarget=p1bk6i7cxpnn80n1idpn9mwtuwcc.htm...

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @JonathanWill 

During my recent usage I could get some messages on SAS Studio and I was able to scroll down till the last message. If you aren't able to you should raise a track with support.

Anand_V_0-1588526043671.png

JonathanWill
Obsidian | Level 7
Having had another look I don't think there is an issue - just me getting confused.
Our server was running slow at the time and I think the dialog was slow to update.

I'll put this down to impatience and lack of caffeine on my part.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation