BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
d2t
Calcite | Level 5 d2t
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am using Enterprise Miner 14.3 and have a storage quota of 5000MB.

For my current task, each model (regression, Decision Tree, etc.) generates about 500MB of intermediate files.

I have 5+ diagrams and each diagram has 4-6 models feeding into a Model Comparison node. If I am over quota in-between runs, everything freezes (cannot open diagrams, cannot open or delete projects, files etc.).

Since I will quickly run out of space, what I would like to do is:

1. Run Diagram-1, get results, take screenshots.

2. DELETE results to make space

3. Run Diagram-2, get results, take screenshots.

...and so on.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish Step-2?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This previous posting https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/On-Demand-Academic-Enterprise-Miner-14-3-Unable-to-Op... sounds relevant. People who are using SAS Studio are probably not also using Enterprise Miner. So if you are using SAS OnDemand for Analytics and having quota issues while running your analysis, that seems like an issue you need to address with Tech Support.

Cynthia
d2t
Calcite | Level 5 d2t
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, Cynthia.

I am the author of the previous post and that particular issue was resolved.

The OnDemand Academic version is limited to 5GB space and there is no way to change it (discussed it with Tech Support).

I am looking for guidance on deleting intermediate files generated during the analysis, so that I can try out additional models (or model settings) in the same project, without running out of space.

Thank you.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I can think of 2 other forums that would be better suited to this question than the SAS Studio forum:
1) The Enterprise Miner forum: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Data-Mining-and-Machine/bd-p/data_mining
2) The SAS Analytics U forum https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/bd-p/sas_analytics_u

Both of those forums are likely to have more EM users than the SAS Studio forum.

Or, open a new track with Tech Support to see if they know of a way to delete intermediate files while you are inside Enterprise Miner and working with your nodes.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation