BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8

Hi. I would like to know which role(s) I need to set for a user to register tables in a folder.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You have posted this in th SAS Studio forum,is that the client user will use, or any othyer?

Data never sleeps
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8
Yes I mean the role that can register tables so that I can selectively
assign to particular users

Thanks
Data never sleep

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Ok I'm currently not a user of SAS Studio. Usually tables are registered from Management Console and DI Studio. Limiting users of DI Studio makes no sense, since the main feature of that application is to maintain metadata.
Perhaps you would instead look at limiting write access to the folders you wish to protect instead. Then you can make it more granular if you wish.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation