BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
timex1414
Calcite | Level 5

I am having issues invoking PROC GEOCODE. I have SAS University and when I type the function it appears to highlighted blue just like other functions, however, when I run the code it gives me this error:

ERROR: Procedure GEOCODE not found

Is Geocode included in SAS University, if not, is there a way to download it?

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User
No. You can't PROC GEOCODE is included in SAS/GRAPH , But UE don't have it unless you want pay some money .
Or you could try other free one, like Google API .

Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

Be careful of Google, Bing and other legal rules.  

For example with Google, unless you have the paid Google plan, using the Google geocoder standalone (not with a Google map) may be illegal. 

They require that you use Google Maps with most 'content'.  Content can be the result of the geocoder.

https://developers.google.com/maps/terms

10.4.d. No use of Content without a Google map. Unless the Maps APIs Documentation expressly permits you to do so, you will not use the Content in a Maps API Implementation without a corresponding Google map.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation