BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

How can we get SAS to update the code that SAS/Studio automatically pre-pends to the user code?  I am getting annoyed with this note that always appears at the top of my program logs.

INFO: Character variables have defaulted to a length of 200 at the places given by: (Line):(Column). Truncation can result.
       22:1     RC

It is caused by this bit of code.

RC=TSLVL('GEOCODE','N');
 _ERROR_=0;
 IF (RC^=' ') THEN DO;
CALL SYMPUT("GRAPHINIT","GOPTIONS RESET=ALL GSFNAME=_GSFNAME;");
CALL SYMPUT("GRAPHTERM","GOPTIONS NOACCESSIBLE;");
END;

They could fix it by adding a LENGTH statement. Or moving the function call into the IF statement since they aren't using the RC variable for anything anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Here is the responce I got from SAS Support.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for reporting the problem with the INFO notes in the SAS log. 
I will enter a defect on this so that it can be addressed.
Thanks again! SIncerely, Chevell

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DarthPathos
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hey Tom!

I've found a couple of these myself, particularly in SAS University Edition.  I find that emailing SAS Support directly is the best way to get these added to the list.  Alternatively, you can add your idea to SAS Ballot; being someone as active as you are here, I'm sure you're already aware of both these options, I just wanted to give you my thoughts based on experience. 

Good luck and chat soon

Chris

Has my article or post helped? Please mark as Solution or Like the article!
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Here is the responce I got from SAS Support.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for reporting the problem with the INFO notes in the SAS log. 
I will enter a defect on this so that it can be addressed.
Thanks again! SIncerely, Chevell
DarthPathos
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Well that's better than nothing 🙂  hope it gets resolved soon.  In case you missed it, SAS has enabled us to download fixes just for SAS/Studio, without having to relicense all of SAS - so when the fix comes out, you'll get it right away.  I think this is great news.

have a great weekend!

Chris

Has my article or post helped? Please mark as Solution or Like the article!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation