BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Watkins155
Calcite | Level 5

Good afternoon,

I am fairly new to SAS studio and I need a bit of assistance with my data set. In my data set, I am looking to compute the means for prevalence of each parasite that I have (there are seven different parasites) that is weighted by the sample size. In my data set, each study reported certain parasites that were found among their samples. As such, not every study reported each of the seven parasites and a few studies focused on only certain parasites; as such, it is not known if they actually have cases for certain parasites (for example, one study only focused on Giardia--as such, the other six parasites have an unknown prevalence, and was not included in the data set).

Afterwards, I desire to compare the magnitude of the outcomes between groups (groups being the parasites). I am using SAS studio at this time. How would I go about compute the mean of the prevalence for each parasite that I have that is weighted by their respective sample size? I have placed part of the screenshot as an attachment in PDF to give an example of the table that I am working with.

Thank you,

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2016/01/06/weighted-mean-in-sas.html

There's no image or further details 😞

@Watkins155 wrote:

Good afternoon,

I am fairly new to SAS studio and I need a bit of assistance with my data set. In my data set, I am looking to compute the means for prevalence of each parasite that I have (there are seven different parasites) that is weighted by the sample size. Afterwards, I desire to compare the magnitude of the outcomes between groups (groups being the parasites). I am using SAS studio at this time.

How would I go about compute the mean of the prevalence for each parasite that I have. Attached below is a screenshot of the data table (partially) that I have showing an example of the data set I'm working with.

Thank you,

Anthony

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2016/01/06/weighted-mean-in-sas.html

There's no image or further details 😞

@Watkins155 wrote:

Good afternoon,

I am fairly new to SAS studio and I need a bit of assistance with my data set. In my data set, I am looking to compute the means for prevalence of each parasite that I have (there are seven different parasites) that is weighted by the sample size. Afterwards, I desire to compare the magnitude of the outcomes between groups (groups being the parasites). I am using SAS studio at this time.

How would I go about compute the mean of the prevalence for each parasite that I have. Attached below is a screenshot of the data table (partially) that I have showing an example of the data set I'm working with.

Thank you,

Anthony

Watkins155
Calcite | Level 5

My apologies! 😞

I have edited the post with an attachment of the PDF. Furthermore, I have included it below in this reply.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation