BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
james12
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello SAS Community,

I am using Fire Fox. Connecting to SAS Studio is not my problem. Frist step; Import a Excel file using a snippet. Second step: Convert Excel file to a WORK library file. Third step: PROC IMPORT and PROC PRINT the file in the WORK library. Forth step: Try (not successful) to do ANOVA using the One-Way ANOVA from Tasks. Tasks will not allow entry WORK library files. Looking for a way to run Task functions on files in the WORK library.

Thank for your ideas.

Best regards,

James

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi James - I'd recommend posting this as a new topic, you're likely to get more people jumping in with answers as the connection issue that the OP reported is well known and many people may not read the thread once they see it has been responded to.

You should also if possible attach screenshots of your log, sample data and task settings as otherwise we won't be able to help you but for the record there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to run Custom Tasks against files in the work area.

james12
Fluorite | Level 6
Not interested in custom tasks. Just want to use the One-Way ANOVA in the Task functions section on a file in the WORK library, when in SAS Studio. New to SAS blogs, and not sure how to navigate.

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards,

James

Reeza
Super User

I just tested this in SAS Studio (latest release) and it works for me. Can you please post several screenshots:

1. Image of work library with data sets in it
  2. Image of ANOVA task and no WORK library and any error messages you get. 

For example, here's my screen shot of the ANOVA task, with a dataset from the work library:

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 7.28.51 PM.png

@james12 wrote:

Hello SAS Community,

I am using Fire Fox. Connecting to SAS Studio is not my problem. Frist step; Import a Excel file using a snippet. Second step: Convert Excel file to a WORK library file. Third step: PROC IMPORT and PROC PRINT the file in the WORK library. Forth step: Try (not successful) to do ANOVA using the One-Way ANOVA from Tasks. Tasks will not allow entry WORK library files. Looking for a way to run Task functions on files in the WORK library.

Thank for your ideas.

Best regards,

James

Reeza
Super User

@james12 wrote:

Hello SAS Community,

Frist step; Import a Excel file using a snippet.

Second step: Convert Excel file to a WORK library file.

Third step: PROC IMPORT and PROC PRINT the file in the WORK library.

Forth step: Try (not successful) to do ANOVA using the One-Way ANOVA from Tasks. Tasks will not allow entry WORK library files.

Step 1+2 seem the same as Step 3 unless you're referencing different files? If you did this, it's possible you accidentally destroyed your SAS data set and it doesn't exist anymore or something. The steps above all completed successfully and without errors?

Once a SAS data set is imported, via a Snippet or PROC IMPORT it's either in a WORK or permanent library (depending on the code) and you shouldn't need to import it again. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation