BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I'm still mostly using EG but was curious to see how this could work with Studio 3.8 connecting to a Linux server.

The quickest adhoc way I could figure out was:

1. Export to Excel and store somewhere on the SAS compute side as documented here

2. Open the Excel file out of a WinSCP session that's configured to open Excel's directly

Patrick_0-1676165813664.png

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Patrick wrote:

I'm still mostly using EG but was curious to see how this could work with Studio 3.8 connecting to a Linux server.

1. Export to Excel and store somewhere on the SAS compute side as documented here

2. Open the Excel file out of a WinSCP session that's configured to open Excel's directly

Which is pretty much what people that run SAS on Unix have been doing for the past 20-30 years.

If you just mount the disks from both Unix and Windows you can use Windows Explorer instead of WinSCP.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Tom wrote:

@Patrick wrote:

Which is pretty much what people that run SAS on Unix have been doing for the past 20-30 years.

If you just mount the disks from both Unix and Windows you can use Windows Explorer instead of WinSCP.

I know. It's in my experience often hard to get "IT" motivated to establish such a shared mount/access via smb or the like.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation