BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
matesper
Calcite | Level 5

I have a pipeline created from the demos. I have to complete certain demos for a class in college and screenshot them. I have been trying to run the last demo for over a week and it has been stuck running the logistic regression node. It just keeps spinning. It will not move forward. I have tried restarting, closing and re-opening. Everything, please help!

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

If you post code someone might be able to recognize likely causes of problems.

How big is the data set you are running the logistic regression on?

You might try running the regression on a smaller data set, say 10 observations. If that runs, increase the observations.

If you have a problem with the small set then likely there is something wrong with the code.

matesper
Calcite | Level 5

I am in lesson 2 of SAS Viya for learners, so what you are suggesting is easier said than done. I would not know how to post code. It is a rather small sample though as it id just for demo purposes.

lhartjordan
SAS Employee
Lesson 2? Not sure what lesson you are referring to but can you perform a logistic regression outside of the pipeline? There is a logistic regression object under the Visual Statistics section. Try that.
jozgot
SAS Employee
Depending on your internet bandwidth, you should give up on a logistic node after a few minutes. Try toggling options on the right hand pane. You will notice options to select the assumed distribution, variable selection, and convergence. Play around with those to try to get it to run, and work with your professor to backtrack into what you should be doing. Good luck.

SAS Agriculture Analytics
sas.com/agtech | #SASAgTech

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation