BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AshwaniAgarwal
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey Team,

I am trying using saving my projects into C drive locally but SAS EG on demand for academics keep giving me error to not allow to save the project.

AshwaniAgarwal_0-1699150523827.png

How do i fix it. Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshwaniAgarwal
Fluorite | Level 6

Solution i have found is users having metadata location to Asia Pacific don't have rights to save the projects wheras US Region is allowing to save the projects.

Thanks Kurt. I have raised the ticket to change the Region.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
You can store the egp projects on the SAS OnDemand for Academics server. Why do you want to save on your local C drive?
AshwaniAgarwal
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for coming back to me.

There is an option to work on SAS OnDemand for Academics desktop version and also keep my files secured and don't want to share any server.
I am just wondering if there is a desktop version available then why am I not able to perform the save operation on local desktop.

Thanks for your understanding.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Which version of SAS Enterprise Guide are you using? The version that is currently available for download is: SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Guide 8.3. I have an older version installed (8.2) and am able to save my projects locally (on the C-drive).
Are you able to see the folders when you select My Computer in the project save dialog? If not can you share a screenshot of the dialog box you see when you choose 'save project as'?
AshwaniAgarwal
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, I am using the SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Guide 8.3 and it is not allowing me to save the projects locally i.e. C d-drive/any other network drives.

No I am not able to see "My Computer" option for Project save dialog.

Error screenshot is same as I have shared in my first reply/post.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

I did not ask for the error screenshot. I wanted to see the dialog box you get after choosing "save project as".

I just downloaded and installed the version you have and can save on my local disk without a problem.

The dialog box I get allows me to save on My Computer. If the dialog box you have is similar to the one in the image than you should be able to save locally. See image below.

SAS_OnDemand_for_Academics_project_save_as_dialog.png

Please send a screenshot of your dialog box and information about the pc on which you run SAS EG (ex. Operating System, amount of RAM, free hard disk space and authorization restriction that apply to the user account that runs SAS EG).

AshwaniAgarwal
Fluorite | Level 6

Here are the series of screenshot I am getting on my SAS EG version.

This message is displaying when I logged in : Asia Pacific 1 is my region. 

AshwaniAgarwal_0-1699675215769.png

Not sure this issue is with my region:

Saving screenshot issue:

AshwaniAgarwal_1-1699675395920.png

SAS Version details

AshwaniAgarwal_2-1699675413895.png

Admin rights with System details:

AshwaniAgarwal_3-1699675486918.png

Please suggest. Issue is still persists.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Features of Enterprise Guide are controlled through metadata when you log on to a metadata server. The settings can be done globally, for groups, and for individual users.

Check with the person(s) who provided EG for you (as it is not available for all On Demand users).

AshwaniAgarwal
Fluorite | Level 6

Solution i have found is users having metadata location to Asia Pacific don't have rights to save the projects wheras US Region is allowing to save the projects.

Thanks Kurt. I have raised the ticket to change the Region.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation