BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
_maldini_
Barite | Level 11

Can you designate which statistics to output into a new dataset using PROC FREQ? 

proc freq data=go_long ;
    tables exam*htn / nocol nopercent out=htn_plot;
run;

The above syntax produces the correct table, which has counts and row percentages for each value of exam: 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 1.39.24 PM.png

But the output dataset does not contain the row percentages, which is what I want (it looks like it contains total percent).

proc print data=htn_plot; where htn=1; run;

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 1.39.53 PM.png

Is there a way I can specify which stats (i.e., counts and row percentages) to output using PROC FREQ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Add the OUTPCT option. 

See the list of options in Table 9 in the documentation:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/v_051/statug/statug_freq_syntax08.htm

@_maldini_ wrote:

Can you designate which statistics to output into a new dataset using PROC FREQ? 

proc freq data=go_long ;
run;

The above syntax produces the correct table, which has counts and row percentages for each value of exam: 

But the output dataset does not contain the row percentages, which is what I want (it looks like it contains total percent).

Is there a way I can specify which stats (i.e., counts and row percentages) to output using PROC FREQ?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Add the OUTPCT option. 

See the list of options in Table 9 in the documentation:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/v_051/statug/statug_freq_syntax08.htm

@_maldini_ wrote:

proc freq data=go_long ;
run;

Thanks.