BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
etrunner
Calcite | Level 5

1.) I am trying to export several counts into a PPT slide via ODS. Thus far, I have utilized proc sql count statements, with each proc sql statement appearing in a separate box and aligned either in one or two columns (layout=titleandconent -or- layout=twocontent) and this has worked fine. However, I cannot generate arrows in between the boxes(counts) to show the data flow. The only function I have found is sganno/arrow function, which only seems to work within plots. Is there any other function to add shapes into ODS output?

2.) In addition, how do you properly control spacing within ODS between sql statement outputs (boxes), as well as between the ods text up top and the first boxes?

3.) Lastly, when you use the layout=twocontent statement, is there a way to control how many boxes/counts you have in each columnFor example, if I have 6 counts it wants to evenly split 3 boxes in each column, even though in some cases I only want 1 box on the left and 5 boxes on the right.

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think what many people do is to use unicode characters, such as the "RIGHTWARDS ARROW" symbol, which has the Unicode code U+2192. But HOW you use it depends on what you are trying to do. Put it in a title or footnote? Use it as the value of an observation in a data set?  

I recommend that you perform an internet search for your terms, such as "use unicode characters in SAS reports" or something similar. There have been several papers and articles on this topic. Here is one that came up when I did a search:

Useful Tips for Handling and Creating Special Characters in SAS® (pharmasug.org)