BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yahuipeng
Calcite | Level 5

I've been using OnDemand SAS Studio for a while and there has been no issue. Normally, there is a LOG tab between the CODE and RESULT tabs as in any other version of SAS Studio. Until yesterday I accidentally closed a LOG window, then the LOG tab disappeared forever. I tried resetting or defaulting anything with buttons I can find on the panel. Now it still does not show up, and without it, I have no way to know what's wrong with an unworking code.

I appreciate any help from you.

Screenshot 2021-07-07 103350.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @yahuipeng,

I am not completely sure if this is the issue that you are facing, but last year another user reported a similar issue with the CODE tab. The issue was that the CODE tab was accidentally split into its own vertical window within the main work area, and then the section containing the CODE tab was minimized.

Please see my reply on that thread for instructions to see if that is in fact the issue: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Code-Editor-Does-Not-Display/m-p/630444#M8890 

Does that fix the issue? 

Best,

-Brian

PS I have no idea why my text is showing up in ALL CAPS once I post it, it does not appear that way in the editor. I'm not yelling at you. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @yahuipeng,

I am not completely sure if this is the issue that you are facing, but last year another user reported a similar issue with the CODE tab. The issue was that the CODE tab was accidentally split into its own vertical window within the main work area, and then the section containing the CODE tab was minimized.

Please see my reply on that thread for instructions to see if that is in fact the issue: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Code-Editor-Does-Not-Display/m-p/630444#M8890 

Does that fix the issue? 

Best,

-Brian

PS I have no idea why my text is showing up in ALL CAPS once I post it, it does not appear that way in the editor. I'm not yelling at you. 🙂
yahuipeng
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Brian,

Yes, it works! Seems like I accidentally splitted the LOG  from the code editor. You really saved my day.

I appreciate your great help.

Screenshot 2021-07-07 124940.jpg

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @yahuipeng,

Awesome to hear! I'm sorry that you had to deal with such a frustrating issue but I'm glad it's resolved now.

Please post in this community again whenever you have additional questions.

Best,

-Brian

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation