BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lauralaura717
Calcite | Level 5

I imported a csv file from my local computer to model studio and create a forecasting project, but  an error message occur stated that my data specification could not be created. The message says: The input data has no valid candidates for the time variable. Specify a table with a column that has a valid date format.

How do i solve this issue?  My csv file has the date column but somehow it was not recognized by SAS, instead it recognizes it as varcar, how can I change this?

1 REPLY 1
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

Hello - this can be frustrating when SAS doesn't recognize a column as a date.  There are a couple ways to fix this.  

In SAS Studio (Develop SAS Code), create a SAS dataset from your csv file (double-click & select Import) then create a new date variable from character variable.  There is a community post that can help:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-convert-a-character-value-to-numeric-i...

As long as you save the resulting data in casuser, it should be available in Model Studio under available tab- you may need to load it to memory with the lighting bolt icon.  If you don't see casuser as a library to save your data - run:

cas;

caslib _all_ assign;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation