BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lauralaura717
Calcite | Level 5

I imported a csv file from my local computer to model studio and create a forecasting project, but  an error message occur stated that my data specification could not be created. The message says: The input data has no valid candidates for the time variable. Specify a table with a column that has a valid date format.

How do i solve this issue?  My csv file has the date column but somehow it was not recognized by SAS, instead it recognizes it as varcar, how can I change this?

1 REPLY 1
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

Hello - this can be frustrating when SAS doesn't recognize a column as a date.  There are a couple ways to fix this.  

In SAS Studio (Develop SAS Code), create a SAS dataset from your csv file (double-click & select Import) then create a new date variable from character variable.  There is a community post that can help:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-convert-a-character-value-to-numeric-i...

As long as you save the resulting data in casuser, it should be available in Model Studio under available tab- you may need to load it to memory with the lighting bolt icon.  If you don't see casuser as a library to save your data - run:

cas;

caslib _all_ assign;