BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
weiqi_li
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently working on a pipeline in Model Studio and I tried to run the pipeline and one part of the pipeline wouldn't run and it gave me the error message "An error occurred while the pipeline was running. Please refer to the logs for more details." What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Please remember that we need a screenshot that shows the URL at the TOP of your screen. Without the URL at the top of the screen, we can't see what server you're on. Here's an example of a screen (without an error):

Cynthia_sas_0-1634482890194.png

Thanks, in advance, for providing the information that the support team will need.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'd recommend looking in the logs for more details. It's not clear whether you are working in SAS Viya for Learners or with your own Viya and Model Studio installation. Are you working with your data or with class data? If you are working with one of our classes, which class title, lesson and activity are you working on? Without more information, it's hard to provide any constructive advice.
Cynthia
weiqi_li
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia

In one of my courses, my students take the free *Machine Learning Using SAS
Viya* course. They use SAS Viya for Learners and work with class data
provided by your system. There are 45 students taking this course. Thank
you for your time and support.

Regards

Weiqi
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Did all 45 students encounter the same issue? Or only 1 student? Did they follow the solution or demo steps exactly as written? Did they set all the variable roles correctly? This is not something that we can resolve here in the Forums. The kind of information we need is this:
=== ===
Name of Student:
Email of Student:
Class Title:
Lesson title:
Demo, Activity or Practice Title:
Description of problem:
Browser Used:
(we recommend Chrome or Firefox with Viya for Learners)
Wired or Wireless Connection:
Screen shot of browser that shows full Viya for Learners URL at the top of the screen and the error message on the same screen
=== ===
If all the students in class are encountering the same error, can you duplicate the steps and send us a screen shot of your error message. To report a problem with more that one student, where you can duplicate the problem, just report a problem with the whole class under your email and with your screen shot.

If only one student is encountering the issue, then we usually recommend that the professor set up a screen share with the student to make sure that the student did not skip any steps in the solution or demo. Then if the student still gets the error, have them take a screen shot, and send the requested information and the screen shot to sasviyaforlearners@sas.com .
Thanks, in advance,
Cynthia
weiqi_li
Calcite | Level 5
Hi
So far only three students reported this type of issue. I am going to
forward your message to the students. If any student has the issue or other
problems, he/she can use the Forums to get support. Thank you.

Weiqi
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Have you verified that all of the students followed the directions correctly? Rather than having the students post in the forum, it really is better to have them send their screenshots and other information to sasviyaforlearners@sas.com because the SAS Viya Support team is NOT on the Community forums and if we need to involve the support team to fix any issues, it is better to get mail to the correct group (sasviyaforlearners@sas.com) so that we can keep track of whether it is a usage issue or a server issue and communicate directly with the student 1 on 1.
Cynthia.
weiqi_li
Calcite | Level 5
Yes, the students followed the instructions exactly. It seems that it was a
server issue. I will let my students know the correct group for support.
Thank you.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Thanks! Also, please let the students know that the screen shots are important because they help the support team identify the Viya for Learners tenant or server for the student. Just sending a mail with the error message is not as useful as getting a screen shot that shows the error message and the URL at the top of the screen in the same screen shot.
Cynthia
weiqi_li
Calcite | Level 5

weiqi_li
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, I tried to attach a screenshot but it didn't post. I will email it to the help desk!

Thank you, 

Ava Underwood

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Please remember that we need a screenshot that shows the URL at the TOP of your screen. Without the URL at the top of the screen, we can't see what server you're on. Here's an example of a screen (without an error):

Cynthia_sas_0-1634482890194.png

Thanks, in advance, for providing the information that the support team will need.

Cynthia