BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ali22
Calcite | Level 5

I used SAS Studio in SAS OnDemand for Academics to do simulation but it does not allowed me to do that for more than 1000 iterations. I need to run the program for 10000 iterations. I wonder if there is away to do that with SAS OnDemand for Academics.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jenburry
SAS Employee

While SAS® OnDemand for Academics is freely available to use, it is allowing access to thousands of users worldwide. Given the large scale of users, there are some limitations in SAS® OnDemand for Academics that are discussed in the SAS® OnDemand for Academics Frequently Asked Questions: General Questions under “Are there limits on what I can do in my SAS sessions?”  As stated at the end of this section, there will be a “termination” file in your account’s home directory if your session is terminated due to this policy.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Hello,
There is nothing that I am aware of that limits the number of iterations in SAS OnDemand for Academics. Is it possible to attach the SAS log when your program fails?
Thanks.
Ali22
Calcite | Level 5
I do not face any problem with 1000 iterations where there is no error in
the log, but when the number of iterations increases to 10000. It runs for
a while then it kicks me out
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Can you attach your program code??
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You can use PROC PRINTTO to send the log to a file which will remain even if the program crashes. That log would be helpful.

--
Paige Miller
Ksharp
Super User
Can you attach your program code?? and @Rick_SAS might give you a hand.
jenburry
SAS Employee

While SAS® OnDemand for Academics is freely available to use, it is allowing access to thousands of users worldwide. Given the large scale of users, there are some limitations in SAS® OnDemand for Academics that are discussed in the SAS® OnDemand for Academics Frequently Asked Questions: General Questions under “Are there limits on what I can do in my SAS sessions?”  As stated at the end of this section, there will be a “termination” file in your account’s home directory if your session is terminated due to this policy.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

With proper programming, 10,000 simulations for most models should run very quickly. You might be using inefficient methods. Review the following techniques, which are often reasons that simulations run slowly:

Ali22
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the information. 

Ali

ZissLatz
Calcite | Level 5

I believe there might be a limitation on the number of iterations that you can run with your current setup. However, you can always try reaching out to the SAS support team to see if they can offer any solutions or suggestions for you.
On a related note, have you considered using leadership development simulations in your training? They can be a great way to test different scenarios and see how different leadership styles can impact the outcome. Anyway, hope that helps, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 in conversation