BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sudharal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I want to know how I can use SAS studio to build Scorecards? I have recently done a course in SAS; Credit risk modelling and analysis. Please also help me understand what books or materials I can use to help me understand how to build scorecards if I have to use Base SAS.

with regards

sudha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You can definitely use Base SAS / SAS Studio to build data sets  prepared for scorecard applications. But perhaps those are not the ideal choice, especially if you want to build an interactive scorecard application. As I understand there's a pretty decent scorecard report builder within Visual Analytics.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

What do you mean by scorecards? Just want to make sure we understand your question. 

You'll probably find examples here if it's what I'm thinking

http://robslink.com/SAS/Home.htm

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You can definitely use Base SAS / SAS Studio to build data sets  prepared for scorecard applications. But perhaps those are not the ideal choice, especially if you want to build an interactive scorecard application. As I understand there's a pretty decent scorecard report builder within Visual Analytics.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As I understand it building a scorecard requires advanced statistical techniques that go beyond what is available in Base SAS. If you have SAS/STAT then it is definitely doable. Running the resulting scorecard (actually doing the scoring) can definitely be done in a Base SAS DATA step.

BrendanW
SAS Moderator

While you could certainly build a credit scoring application in software like SAS Studio, you might want to look at the SAS Credit Scoring solution, which provides a way to quickly develop scorecards

For more information, see https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/credit-scoring.html