BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sateh
Fluorite | Level 6

I would like to know if SAS has any model that allows word matching?

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

It may depend on exactly what you mean by "word matching". Can you provide some examples of before/ after?

sateh
Fluorite | Level 6
For an example of this serious topic, suppose we have a text that says that:

"Coffee is a very important export product for the country of Colombia......"

So the idea would be to relate, for example, the word coffee with Colombia, with export, and other words that must be defined.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What you are describing is called text mining and SAS has a product for that. If you don't have a text mining product then building something from scratch is a lot of work. It all depends on how big your text mining job is. If it is only a few words you want to do then DIY is OK. If you want to do thousands of words from millions of records DIY isn't recommended.

sateh
Fluorite | Level 6
I understand what you are explaining to me, in that order of ideas, could you tell me which is the SAS product that can allow me to do what I need please?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What SAS version do you use currently? You can search the SAS documentation regarding this topic: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/casvtapg/titlepage.htm

There's also this older product that is an add-on to SAS Enterprise Miner: https://support.sas.com/en/software/text-miner-support.html#documentation

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation