BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sateh
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a code in SAS that performs several processes, and there is a process that generates a table with 19,985,984 records because it is required, then that table is taken to another process where sql is applied using some joins with another table, when the execution of my code reaches that part, the following messages appear in SAS STUDIO and I really don't know what it can be.

sateh_0-1667338268149.png

if I select the button "establecer" the whole section is restarted. and I select the button "cancelar" appear this:

sateh_1-1667338425589.png

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Looks like a timeout problem to me. How long does your program run for when this happens? Are you able to check your SAS log for additional information? If so can you post it please. Are you reading the data from an external database by any chance?

sateh
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the timeout configured in the session as 36000, the code starts executing then after another process must be done with the large table that I mentioned but that is where these windows appear, I am not reading the data from a database data, the code executes and lasts about 5 minutes and that is where the windows appear, in the log it shows me this: 

sateh_0-1667345439493.png

I don't get any kind of error or warning

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Hmm, 5 minutes isn't very long so maybe there is some other cause. I suggest you open a Tech Support track given this is a SAS Viya problem and likely will require diagnosing of server logs.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation