BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

After migrating to sas viya 3.5 my ddc stopped working.

I can reach a png file using the ddc and it displays correctly.

but any html that requires any of the util js files simply does not do nothing at all. 

the html is found but nothing gets played back.

Please do not think that I haven't tried to solve it by involving the technical support and the remote sas admin, but no one can help me.

Do you have an idea how to fix it?

Calling the experts @Renato_sas @XavierBizoux 

a4.pnga3.pnga2.pnga1.png

3 REPLIES 3
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

@acordes , it's pretty difficult for me to be able to help without knowing the details, but if it's a new SAS Viya 3.5 deployment, I'd recommend checking the browser console and searching for security related messages issued by your DDC, such as cross-origin resource sharing (CORS), content-security-policy, etc., and then work with Tech Support and your SAS admin to fix them.

XavierBizoux
SAS Super FREQ
Hi Arne,

Based on your description, it is not clear what is happening. I have a few questions.

* Are you seeing errors in the Developer tools of your browser?
* Where are you hosting the web pages used in the DDC?
* Is the problem specific to one DDC object or all of them?
* Where are the storing the js files used for the DDC? Are they local to the hosting server or stored in git?

Having more information will most probably help in the debug process.

Regards,

Xavier

Xavier BIZOUX
Advisory Technical Architect ● Global Enablement and Learning
Technology Transfer and Governance, R&D
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Xavier,

* Are you seeing errors in the Developer tools of your browser?

haven't tried
* Where are you hosting the web pages used in the DDC?

at our sas viya server, being stored at the same path as the ddc html objects I get the png rendered correctly under ddc object
* Is the problem specific to one DDC object or all of them?

it affects ALL ddc html objects
* Where are the storing the js files used for the DDC? Are they local to the hosting server or stored in git?

they are stored on the server using the same path/util as the ddc html files. I tried to replicate exactly what worked well on the prior sas viya version / server

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation