BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'd like to repeat the fanstastic experience from the 2019' Dallas SGF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10 REPLIES 10
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

that's a pitty. Another 'victim' of the pandemic. 

Hope that they reconsider this strategy once the covid is overcome. 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The new user-focused event, called SAS Explore, is slated as a virtual event in 3Q 2022. If/when the conditions are favorable for such a large in-person event again, this SAS user event could definitely be "live" on-location in future years. The decision about it being virtual applies for 2022 -- for future events, all possibilities are open.

This is just one in a series of events from SAS -- check out the lineup here. This is in addition to local and regional events, some of which are in person. For example, PharmaSUG is planned as in-person in Austin TX during May 2022, and we are planning to support that event with SAS staff and speakers. There are also multiple regional user group events (WUSS and SESUG) planned for the fall of 2022, currently planned as in-person experiences.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
Quentin
Super User

Thanks all.

For those of us hoping for a return to in-person user-centric SGF in future years, probably one of the best ways we can voice that desire is to attend in-person RUGs as they return.

SAS is obviously a data-centric company.  If the data show that SAS users still want and will attend in-person conferences, my guess is they will be more likely to think about restoring a global in-person user conference.

If in-person RUG attendance declines this year and next, that would support the thought that the pandemic has led to a larger cultural shift (among users and/or employers) away from in-person toward virtual.

One of our best ways to 'vote' for in-person SGF is to spend our $ and time on in-person RUGs.  (I say that as a user; I'm not a RUG person.)

And of course we can still take advantage of all the wonderful virtual offerings from SAS and RUGs and LUGs  (I am a LUG person.... come join a BASUG webinar. : )

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I seriously contemplate going to San Francisco in the fall for the WUSS forum, and presenting there.

Depends on

• it actually happens
  • travel is possible (I've done my part, right now I am at three shots of vaccines)
  • it fits into the budget I will have from my severance pay

On top of it all, as a 49ers fan I would have the one-time opportunity to see my team play "live" in a regular season game.

Reeza
Super User
I miss conferences 😞
WUSS would be a good one in the Fall - though anything above 0 would be nice right now to me (-20c last night)

Quentin
Super User
PharmaSUG in Austin TX in May should be much warmer! : )
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I can answer to my post now.

• I will present at WUSS 2022
  • In connection with a week of San Francisco with my wife. Cable cars, here we come!
  • After that, watch the 49ers play the Seahawks (my wife's team!) in Levi's Stadium
  • On to Kings Canyon and Sequoia NP
  • Las Vegas
  • Grand Canyon
  • Hollywood and Universal Studios
  • Highway #1 back to SF
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

See you there @Kurt_Bremser !

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
epower
Quartz | Level 8

thats a bummer.. One of the best parts of SAS GF was the SAS resources on site to talk about their products. I got more useful direct information there than I would get at most of the presentations. This always positively directly impacted on how we used SAS and future plans.  I can feel the lack of these interactions as I havent been able to go now for a couple of years...  That's when you know the value

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 6 in conversation